The North was once an inhospitable and uncivilized land filled with danger and glory. But now, it’s a land is filled with cities, businesses… bureaucracy! Cormac, a barbarian prince, longed for the bygone times – for a life where he could be a warrior of renown. Frustrated with the unending tedium of council meetings and trade agreements, Cormac struck out into the world to seek his own adventure!
The Good: Cormac adheres to the ancient traditions of barbarian honor.
The Bad: He also adheres to the ancient traditions of barbarian violence!
The Red Dragon Inn: Allies – Cormac the Mighty expands the party at the Red Dragon Inn with a brand new human barbarian, introducing a new rage mechanic that allows Cormac to hit harder at the cost of gaining more than the usual amounts of Alcohol Content. Careful management of Cormac’s rage level is the best way to victory!
The Red Dragon Inn: Allies is a new series of expansions for any standalone The Red Dragon Inn game. Each Allies set includes a single Character Deck, plus components to add a brand new character to your game.
- 40 Card Character Deck
- 4 Rage Tiles
- 1 Player Mat
- 12 Gold Coin Tokens
- 1 Alcohol Marker
- 1 Fortitude Marker
- Rules Document
How to Play:
In Red Dragon Inn, you play the part of a party of heroic, fantasy adventurers. You've raided the dungeon, killed the monsters, and taken their treasure. Now you're back, and what better way to celebrate your most recent victory than to spend an evening at the Red Dragon Inn. You and your adventuring companions will spend the night drinking, gambling, and roughhousing. The last person who is both sober enough to remain conscious and shrewd enough to hold onto his Gold wins.
To begin the game a player will start off by choosing a character deck. These are fairly balanced with a mix of similar cards but each have their own flavour text and some unique cards. Also some characters will have more of one type of a kind of card than another for instance ‘Fleck’ the bard has more gambling orientated cards.
Fortitude starts at 20. Alcohol Content starts at 0. Fortitude & Alcohol Content can’t be more than 20 or less than 0. If Fortitude and Alcohol Content meet, you’re out!
- Action: Used only on a players turn
- Anytime: Used whenever a player deems fit
- Sometimes: Used in reaction to another event or card being played
- Gambling: Special cards for use when engaged in gambling (Mostly Action cards to start Gambling, followed by others that are played in the sub game)
Each player takes a turn by
- Discard/Draw Phase: Discarding, then Drawing (up to 7 cards in a hand)
- Action Phase: Play an Action card
- Buying Drinks Phase: give a drink from the drink deck to a player’s Drink Me! pile
- Drink! Phase: Drinking from one’s own Drink Me! Pile..
The Drink Deck sits in the middle of the table, waiting for somebody to deal a drink to another player (Buy Drinks Phase). It consists of:
- Low to high Alcohol Content drinks: These are simply Alcohol Content givers
- “With Chaser” cards: These force a player to take some Alcohol Content and then drink the next card underneath it as well.
- Unique Drinks: Holy Water, Wizard’s Brew, Coffee, etc. That have conditions
- Drinking Events: As if the Drink! phase wasn’t bad enough, these drink cards actually call for the entire table to drink one or more drinks. The” Drinking Contest” is particularly destructive
Winning: Game ends when one players Fortitude is reduced or drunkenness is high enough so they meet and Character ‘passes out’ or they run out of money and are therefore ‘kicked out of the Inn’.
Get the Rules Here: RDI:A Cormac Rules (PDF, 2 MB)
About SlugFest Games
Their mission at SlugFest Games is to provide good clean fun that is dripping with theme. They strive to make games that are easy to learn and quick to play, with a depth of strategy that is learned through playing. If you love humor paired with solid mechanics, then check out their games.
Want to know how to play the game?
Check out this great review courtesy of TeamHypercube: