Card Games: The Red Dragon Inn – Gambling I’m In
(This needs the rules from one of the main 1-4 base sets to play) or at least another expansion and a download copy of the rules (See Below)
|30 – 60 minutes||2 – 4 players|| Ages 12+
ABOUT THE GAME
You and your adventuring companions have spent all day slogging through the dungeon, killing monsters and taking their stuff. What are you going to do with all the loot?
“Gambling,” you say? Well, “I’m in!”
The Red Dragon Inn: Gambling? I’m In! includes the rules for nine different gambling games inspired by the world of The Red Dragon Inn, plus the specialized Rogues and Warriors Deck required to play them.
The games in Gambling? I’m In! can be played on their own. They can also be combined with The Red Dragon Inn to replace the usual Rounds of Gambling with actual gambling games!
The Rogues and Warriors Deck
- The Rogues and Warriors Deck contains 90 cards, which are divided into 6 sets of 15 cards each.
- Each set contains 1 Warrior, 2 Ladies, 3 Bards, 4 Merchants, and 5 Rogues. So, when drawing, you only have a 1-in-15 chance of drawing a Warrior, but a 5-in-15 (or 1-in-3) chance of drawing a Rogue!
- Each set of 15 cards has an animal “suit” associated with it: Hawk, Wolf, Owl, Horse, Wren or Hare.
- In addition, there are 3 optional Dragon Cards, one of each color, which can be used. Each game lists variant rules for using Dragon Cards.
- Rogues and Warriors – a quick, simple card game with a bluffing element
- Threes – a dice game in which players bet on who will have the lowest total
- King’s Council – a hand-building card game in which players try to assemble the best group of advisors to the king
- Jack of All Trades – a game in which players try to get rid of all of their cards or dice
- Three Kingdoms – a hand-building card game in which players try to align themselves with the winning side in an epic war
- Den of Thieves – a hand-building card game in which players try to attract the most profitable clientele to their inn
- Dragon Hordes – a wagering game based on guessing the next card that will be revealed
- City Square – a city-building card game where a city’s score depends on how districts develop in relation to each other
- The Wheel – a hand-building card game with cooperative elements
Using Gambling I’m In! with The Red Dragon Inn
Whenever a player plays “Gambling! I’m In!” to start a Round of Gambling, they may choose a game from The Red Dragon Inn: Gambling! I’m In! That game is played rather than a standard Round of Gambling.
During the Round of Gambling, players will be able to use Gambling and Cheating Cards to influence the outcome of the game! When the round is over, the player who wins the gambling game wins the Round and collects the anted gold.
For more information, see
90 card Rogues and Warriors Deck, 3 Dragon Cards, 5 Grey Cards
Special rules for using these games within a game of The Red Dragon Inn
Please note that you will need to provide your own markers to keep track of who is winning, as well as some six-sided dice.
About SlugFest Games
Their mission at SlugFest Games is to provide good clean fun that is dripping with theme. They strive to make games that are easy to learn and quick to play, with a depth of strategy that is learned through playing. If you love humor paired with solid mechanics, then check out their games.