Games: The Red Dragon Inn 2
Product GTIN: 0
Product Brand: The Red Dragon Inn
Card Games: The Red Dragon Inn 2
|30 - 60 minutes||2 - 4 players||Ages 12+|
About the game:
You and your adventuring companions have spent all day slogging through the Dungeon, killing monsters and taking their stuff. Now you’re back in town, healed up, cleaned up, and ready to party at the Red Dragon Inn.
Drink, gamble, and roughhouse with your friends. But don’t forget to keep an eye on your Gold. If you run out, you’ll have to spend the night in the stables. Oh… and try not to get too beaten up or too drunk. If you black out, your friends will continue the party without you… after they loot your body for Gold of course!
The last conscious adventurer with Gold wins the game!
Take on the role of one of these heroic fantasy adventurers – Gog, Fleck, Eve, or Dimli – and enjoy an evening at the Red Dragon Inn!
Gog the Half Ogre
Gog the Half Ogre is Big, Green, and Dumb. But he tries hard. He’s really a nice guy once you get to know him… if you can get past the smell and the fact that he’s got two left feet. Never, ever Dance with Gog! As you can guess, hanging around with Gog is likely to get you hurt.
The Good: Gog is really Strong!
The Bad: “Sorry! Gog Not Know Own Strength.”
Fleck the Bard
Fleck is a dashing half-elf, always ready with a smile or a song. His heroic tales and stirring lute-playing raises his friends’ spirits, filling them with courage as they face the horrors of the deep dungeon.
The Good: Women want him, Men want to be him.
The Bad: Sometimes… well okay, often… it goes to his head.
Eve the Illusionist
Eve defies description, mostly because no one knows exactly what she really looks like without her illusions. Her powers have saved her fellow adventurers countless times from extremely gullible monsters.
The Good: Eve is a very skilled Illusionist.
The Bad: She’s been known to use her skills on her fellow party members when she gets bored.
Dimli the Dwarf
Dimli loves Gold, Axes and Ale. He always seems to have a stash of gold secreted away somewhere. He’s really, really good with his Dwarven Axes. He’s not so good with darts, though. When he starts playing, duck.
The Good: He’s got a lot of Gold and can pretty much drink anyone under the table!
The Bad: Sometimes, he gets a little grumpy…
- 4 unique 40 card player decks
- One 30 card Drink deck
- 4 Player Templates
- 4 Fortitude markers
- 4 Alcohol Content markers
- 50 Gold Coin tokens
- Rules for playing The Red Dragon Inn
How to play:
In Red Dragon Inn, you play the part of a party of heroic, fantasy adventurers. You've raided the dungeon, killed the monsters, and taken their treasure. Now you're back, and what better way to celebrate your most recent victory than to spend an evening at the Red Dragon Inn. You and your adventuring companions will spend the night drinking, gambling, and roughhousing. The last person who is both sober enough to remain conscious and shrewd enough to hold onto his Gold wins.
To begin the game a player will start off by choosing a character deck. These are fairly balanced with a mix of similar cards but each have their own flavour text and some unique cards. Also some characters will have more of one type of a kind of card than another for instance ‘Fleck’ the bard has more gambling orientated cards.
Fortitude starts at 20. Alcohol Content starts at 0. Fortitude & Alcohol Content can’t be more than 20 or less than 0. If Fortitude and Alcohol Content meet, you’re out!
- Action: Used only on a players turn
- Anytime: Used whenever a player deems fit
- Sometimes: Used in reaction to another event or card being played
- Gambling: Special cards for use when engaged in gambling (Mostly Action cards to start Gambling, followed by others that are played in the sub game)
Each player takes a turn by
- Discard/Draw Phase: Discarding, then Drawing (up to 7 cards in a hand)
- Action Phase: Play an Action card
- Buying Drinks Phase: give a drink from the drink deck to a player’s Drink Me! pile
- Drink! Phase: Drinking from one’s own Drink Me! Pile..
The Drink Deck sits in the middle of the table, waiting for somebody to deal a drink to another player (Buy Drinks Phase). It consists of:
- Low to high Alcohol Content drinks: These are simply Alcohol Content givers
- “With Chaser” cards: These force a player to take some Alcohol Content and then drink the next card underneath it as well.
- Unique Drinks: Holy Water, Wizard’s Brew, Coffee, etc. That have conditions
- Drinking Events: As if the Drink! phase wasn’t bad enough, these drink cards actually call for the entire table to drink one or more drinks. The” Drinking Contest” is particularly destructive
Winning: Game ends when one players Fortitude is reduced or drunkenness is high enough so they meet and Character ‘passes out’ or they run out of money and are therefore ‘kicked out of the Inn’.
Get the Rules Here: The Red Dragon Inn 2 (PDF, 17 MB)
About SlugFest Games
Their mission at SlugFest Games is to provide good clean fun that is dripping with theme. They strive to make games that are easy to learn and quick to play, with a depth of strategy that is learned through playing. If you love humor paired with solid mechanics, then check out their games.
Want to know how to play the game?
Check out this great review courtesy of TeamHypercube: